Amgen Scholars at Kyoto University must agree to:
- Travel between the nearest airport to their university, Osaka and Singapore on the dates and the most economical routes designated by Kyoto University.
- Submit original boarding pass to Kyoto University.
- Stay at the accommodation designated and provided by Kyoto University for the duration of the program, including during the Amgen Scholars Asia Symposium.
- Undertake an eight-week intensive research project at one of the participating laboratories.
- Provide a copy of their valid passport to the program office as soon as their participation in the program is confirmed. If necessary, apply for the appropriate visa(s) for entry Japan and/or Singapore in a timely fashion.
- Assign any intellectual property that results from their work during the program to their supervisor in the first instance.
- Fully participate in the academic activities of the laboratories they are assigned to, attending any relevant research seminars and workshops.
- Attend the orientation, all required conferences, activities, and social events organized through the Amgen Scholars Program at Kyoto University.
- Provide feedback on the Amgen Scholars Program at Kyoto University.
- Contribute to media requests from the Amgen Foundation.
- Prepare a poster presentation on their work at the end of the program.
- Participate in the Amgen Scholars Asia Symposium.
Given the intensive nature of the program, participants will be unable to engage in other work or study during the period of the program. Applications from students who do not plan to be present at Kyoto University for the full duration of the program will not be considered.